I realized I never posted these pictures! In my mind I did.. but apparently those thoughts didn’t make it to reality!
Remember this post?
I bought a bunch of vintage valve and faucet knobs on Ebay of all different shapes and sizes:
They were all different colors and most of them were very rusty.
Well, after a lot of scrubbing, sanding, drummeling, they were turned into this:
I opted for the rustoleum 2-in-1 primer/paint spraypaint because I am a lazy painter! It still took a couple coats, but it worked well. Since I was attempting this project in the winter, I think it was on the cold side of OK for spray painting. Next time, I will follow those directions. (I hate directions, ask anybody) There was also some weird chemical reaction on a few of them, where they turned a bright pink/orange. Do you see the one in the back? Yeah, that started out blue! Very strange. I discarded those couple- luckily I got extras! Anyhow, overall, it worked great!
It took a little measuring and testing to figure out the best way to fasten these to the kitchen cabinets. I used machine screws with washers on each side of the knob to help hold it, and then a couple nuts to act as a stand-off from the cabinet face. This gave us room to actually grab onto the knob for opening a drawer. The whole assembly is fastened with another nut on the inside of the drawer. They have loosened up a little now, with some use. I think I will re-tighten them and put some Lock tight on to keep everything in place!
Sorry for the crappy iphone photos! I have about half of the knobs complete. I am waiting for it to warm up a little before I finish the rest. At this rate, it may never happen, but spring it bound to show up one of these days! They are kind of funky, but they add some fun in our little kitchen. I hope you like them! Picture them when we eventually redo the kitchen… with some dark cork floors and a white countertop with subway tile backspash.